Special information announcement!! Tomorrow morning, April 7th the outdoor range is CLOSED from sun rise until 12:00 p.m. (noontime). The bridge construction crew is going to be using dynamite to drop the old bridge over Sandy Ford. Once the "All Clear" is given, the roadway will be reopened for club members to gain access to the range. Again please be advised that there are new, enhanced safety policies in place while crews are constructing the new bridge. There are multiple copies posted on both the pistol and rifle ranges. Please read them and become familiar with these safety precautions.
Thanks very much and shoot 'em straight!
Access to the clubhouse and the range will be affected. However, the extent of the changes and what work around(s) will be implemented is unknown at this time. Please visit our web page for further information and updates. We will make every effort to keep the membership in the loop as things develop.
Please be advised that when field work begins in earnest, if you are able to gain access to the range (and have ammo), be certain to observe and obey all safety instructions. There are new and additional policies posted on both ranges that address the construction project. We must be respectful and mindful of the folks working on the bridge. We want to be good neighbors and cooperate with them as they are in our club vicinity. When this work is completed it will be much nicer for everyone coming and going to our property. Thanks very much for your enthusiastic cooperation.
Notice: safety improvements on the gun range.
Sandy Ford Sportsman's Club is working on a gun range berm and backstop enhancement project. For the time being and until further notice, the gun range is restricted while personnel and equipment are present. When workers are present, NO LIVE FIRE IS PERMITTED. There shall be no exceptions on this matter. When no workers are present, please be extremely aware of your line of fire. Use best practice procedures in keeping all projectiles in side the gun range so that no damage to equipment occurs. Your cooperation is appreciated.
-Board of Directors
Sandy Ford Sportsman's Club
Established in 1956, Sandy Ford really has something for everyone, whether you wish to sight in a rifle or a pistol in privacy, or enjoy the camaraderie of competition.
We have the facilities to accommodate your unique needs.
Our Club has available:
- A 12-station, well-equipped indoor pistol range located at 720 S. Bloomington St., Streator, Illinois 61364.
- A 50 yard, outdoor pistol, and .22 cal rifle range with weather protection.
- A 50 yard, 50 meter, 100 yard outdoor range that is equipped with PVC sockets for 2x2 wood frames, for high-powered rifles, and pistols with weather protection.
- A 5 position with 16 yard to 27 yard trap range with concrete lanes and auto throwers. It is equipped with lights for after dark use and all of our ranges are equipped with bathroom facilities.
- We pride ourselves in the fact that we are a family-orientated private club with a 12+ acre well stocked lake for fishing or picnic needs. The lake is nicely nestled in the rolling Illinois landscape far from the busy highways.
- Restroom facilities are conveniently located on the site.
Please check out our Newsletter inside and find some of our scheduled events
that might interest you and your family. You will find the Club meeting nights, 3-D Bow Shoot, Cowboy Action shoot, N-SSA Shoot, Hunter Safety Classes, and many, many more exciting events.
Applications for Membership are available by giving one of our Officers a phone call. They are more than willing to discuss your questions and needs. Their phone numbers are placed at the top of our newsletter inside.
Come in and enjoy our family.